Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to School Time!

Many of you know one of my "Joys" is couponing & saving money for my family. I hate spending money on necessities when I'd rather be spending it on FUN stuff (or paying bills). I also love to do it for the "FREEbies" to donate them to local charities, our troops, and people in need.

Yesterday after pretty much not shopping since before convention / Memorial day I decided I had a few minutes to take advantage of the great back to school & office supply deals out there!

Here's my Shopping success!




Note: Remember you can print 2 coupons per computer. SO where I have 4 qty you will need 2 computers to print from. Also for Target you can stack a Target coupon WITH a manufacturers coupon. The Links below are in GREEN so if you see one that is for an "online" coupon & you can print it yourself.

STAPLES Total $5.53

5 qty Notebook Filler Paper $0.01 each (limit 5)
Choices between grid, wide ruled & college ruled
Must have a $5.00 purchase
Great Charity Item!

2 qty Pentel White Erasers $0.25 each (limit 2)

2 paper clips $1.99 each

Zebra Pens (reg $7.99) on sale for $3.00 
$2.00 coupon  (N/A)
Final $1.00

2 qty Bic Wite-Out $0.50 each (limit 2)
$1/2 Bic Stationary Items  
$1/2 Bic Stationary Products
Final Price $ FREE

Ticonderoga 12 ct pencils were only $2.00 this is the CHEAPEST between Target, Fred Meyer & Office Max. There is some other GREAT staples deals too, the Bend OR store was out of some of them though. Its worth a stop to check it out!  Retail value is over $35.00!

TARGET Total $13.38

4 qty Mead Five Star 100 Sheet Notebooks (reg $6.99) on sale for $1.00
$1/2 Five Star Products including Student Planning
$1/2 Five Star Products 08/05/2012 RP Insert
Final Price $0.50 each!

4 qty Post-It Note pads $2.24 each
Use 1 $1/1 Post-it Full Adhesive Purchase of $4+
Use 4  $1/1 Post-it Brand Item $2+, TARGET coupon Target.com
Final Price $0.99 each!
Note: they also have single pads for $0.99 but these were bonus packs of 4 or 5 for the same price. Also this is about 1/2 the price of Costco's everyday price.

4 qty Scotch Magic Tape $0.49 each

Use 4 $0.50/1 Scotch Magic Tape, TARGET coupon Target.com
Final Price $ FREE

4 qty PaperMate Pens $0.99 each
Use 4 $1/1 PaperMate Writing Instrument, TARGET coupon Target.com
Final Price $ FREE

2 qty Fruit Snacks - 10 count (My big "Kid" loves these) $1.89 each
$1/2 Market Pantry Granola Bars or Fruit Snacks, TARGET coupon Target.com 
Final Price $1.39 each

2 qty Wet-Ones Wipes $1.99 each
Use 2 $0.50/1 Wet Ones Moist Wipes, 24 ct+, excludes 20 ct travel, TARGET coupon Target.com 
Use 1 $1.10/2 Internet coupon (n/a)
Final Price $0.94 each

9 qty ROSE-ART Supplies Varied between $0.20 - $0.49 each Total $3.00
$1/3 RoseArt 07/29/2012 RP Insert 
Final Price $ FREE Great Charity Item!


2 qty Garnier Fructis Shampoo & Conditioner $2.79 each
Use 2 $1/1 Garnier Fructis Shampoo, Conditioner or Treatment, excludes trial sizes  OR
Use 2 $1/1 Garnier Shampoo, Conditioner or Treatment 07/29/2012 RP Insert 
Use 2 $1/1 Garnier Nutrisse Hair Item, TARGET coupon Target.com 
Final Price $0.79 each! Great Charity Item!



4 qty Suave Deodorant  $1.72 each
Use 4 $0.50/1 Suave Deodorant, excludes trial sizes, TARGET coupon Target.com 
Use 4 $0.75/1 Suave Deodorant 07/29/2012 RP Insert 
OR Use 4 $0.50/1 Suave Deodorant Product, excludes trial and travel sizes
Final Price as low as $0.47 each! Great Charity Item!

I also saved 5% by using my Target RED Debit Card!
Retail Value on this is $75.00!!! (It pays to coupon :0)


FRED MEYERS - Stock Up Deals
Avery 3-pk + 1 Free Glue Sticks Buy One Get One Free With In-ad Coupon

Crayola Crayons - 24 ct $0.39 each - (Limit 4) Best price of the 3 places I went!

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese 5 pack $2.99 (.60 each) Smokin' Deal itself!
ON the 5 packs there is a "peelie" for a FREE Capri-Sun 10 pack!

ONLY $2.99 total for Both!!! $1.50 each- Great Charity Item!



About this shopping trip... Normally I don't go to 3 separate places. If its convenient for you then stop. Staples in my town is right next to Target & I had to go to Fred Meyers for a few other things. There is a TON of other great back to school deals & CLICK HERE to find out more. We don't have kiddo's so most of these office supplies are things I know we'll use. Plus since office supplies are so cheap at this time of year I try to stock up enough to last me until next year. 

I also like to pick up the FREE or close to FREE items and donate them. The school supplies I'll give to a local school. The Kraft & Capri Sun I actually picked up 3 sets & I'll keep 1  5-pack of mac & cheese for when the kiddos visit or my "Big Kid". The rest I give to neighbor impact. The health & beauty items I'll admit I'm a shampoo & deodorant snob. These are not brands I'll use but I give them to the local Savings Grace shelter for battered women OR the female troops over seas. Total for donation I spent about $9.00 & I have a TON of stuff to give! Its SO fun!


2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome. I try to shop all of the back to school sales too but you have just put me to shame. I am not quite this good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a challenge! I love shopping for school supplies and I think that is one reason I went into education.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis